So Tom over at Morning Erection got me involved in his Meme, and then I realized it didn’t publish like it was supposed to! So much for setting it automatically… I’m not sure I was very entertaining in this one, but here goes!!
Questions For July Meme
1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
I don’t remember being scared by many things as a kid, but there was one time when my step-sister tried to convince me that Gargamel was under my bed. I knew it wasn’t real, but still I found myself jumping from the edge of my bed to the bathroom door in the middle of the night, and then I stood there wondering how I was going to get back on the bed without stepping on the floor! Considering the fact that I am not blue, nor am I a Smurf, I’m not sure why the thought of Gargamel in my bedroom was scary.
2. If you were offered the chance to be a cooking star on a Food Network show, which of these three would you choose for a mentor: Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentis or Alton Brown?
Uh-oh, I have no clue who any of those people are! I’m more of an HGTV kind of girl. I kind of need to stay away from the cooking shows, I’m a good cook already and it’s killing the shape of my thighs!
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
Well, I am proving to be quite a bore here. I don’t think I have ever put much thought into my themes. I don’t have any favorites or any I can’t stand, I just browsed the free ones long enough to find one I could live with and went with it. I’ve never looked back!
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
A few years ago, I had a list to answer this question with. I guess when I met my husband I started a new life and pretty much lost most of my childhood friends, but luckily through all of the MySpace, Facebook, Classmates.com networks I think I have found everyone I really truly cared for. It’s fun to catch up with the ones who knew me in my former life! In fact, I even have my very best friend back! 🙂
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
The love of my life would be all I needed, that and some Long Island Iced Tea…
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
My grandfather, he was wise, funny, compassionate, full of history and magic tricks. I think of him every single day, and miss him more and more as the years pass. I’d love to open up his brain and know all the things he thought and felt…
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
A collection of old cassette tapes I can’t seem to part with, several cutesy ink pens, a few diaries, several books of poetry I have written, some key chains, medications, remote controls, a bottle of perfume, some pictures, hand sanitizer, chap stick, massage oil, and I don’t even wanna dig any further, this thing is packed full!!
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find.
Well, I’m a bit too old to worry about my parents finding anything I have. But when I was 19, the internet was still pretty new. I had just moved to my Dad’s house and he encouraged me to get on chat and meet new people. A guy asked for my address to send me some pictures, and gullible young me, I gave it to him! A few days later, the Polaroid’s arrived, and for the record, I am not quite sure how he managed to hold the camera while striking such a pose! I was so embarrassed (I was really shy at that age) I didn’t know what to do with this naked man staring at me, so I hid them at the top of the closet, scared of them being seen even in the trash can! A few years later I got married and my parents sold their house. They packed up a few things I had left behind in my old closet, and what do you know… those pictures were still there! I wanted to die when I saw them for the second time, and I can’t imagine what my parents must have thought when they stumbled across them. I never spoke to him again after I got his “letter” but I have always wondered how he was holding the camera in that position!! I mean a Polaroid isn’t quite a maneuverable as a cell phone camera!
9. Your daughter is having a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Around 8:00 pm a thunderstorm knocks out power. How do you entertain twelve pre-teen girls when all the cell-phone batteries have died?
Since this was Slumber Party Central for many many years, I would just send my hubby to creep around the outside of the house, and scare the bejeebers out of them. That should keep them huddled together long enough for the electric company to take care of us!
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
I get so angry when someone doubts my intelligence or my independence. Just because I don’t do things doesn’t mean I can’t. I used to work in corporate America, it was a choice to stay home and raise my children in a more hands on way. It wasn’t that I couldn’t cut it; it was that I chose not to. I didn’t waste my intelligence or my life, I spent it making my family my priority, and I don’t regret that. I don’t believe my way is better than anyone else’s but I made the best choice for me, and it wasn’t a stupid one.
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
How many days do I have to get to the gym before this party??
12. What one piece of movie memorabilia from which movie would you love to own?
I want the Ruby Red slippers from the Wizard of Oz… or the Delorian from Back to the Future
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
Bugs Bunny, and I would ask him “what’s up doc?” Oh crap, Bugs isn’t a literary character… I guess I would want to talk to Chris and Cathy Dollanganger, and ask them “didn’t you think it was kind of messed up to fall in love with your sibling” I mean, I know they were locked in an attic for years, but still!! CREEPY (Flowers in the Attic, which I read in Jr. High for some crazy reason, I read the whole series!!)
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
The Impossible Dream
15. What is your most quirky habits.
Quirky habits? Me? Never…ok, ok, my daughter used to catch me moving my lips when talking to myself, and often times I was having arguments in my head. Whenever I am mad about something I cuss and discuss it in my mind about a thousand different times before I find a way to let it go.
16. When was the last time you took the time to act like a child and what did you do? Today, I was hiding under the covers with my little princess and we were looking through our hands with a flashlight, checking out the veins in our fingers!
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
I think I have done most of my mending- at least as much as I could do. There are relationships in my life that aren’t up to par, but I have to make peace with the fact that those people are in different places emotionally than I am, and I just have to trust God has a plan for all of it….
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would be it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
I’d love that! I wouldn’t hire anyone to do it for me because I want my comments to actually be from my heart, no one elses…
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
I know my grandpa traced our family pretty far back, all the way to an Indian Princess, which I have always thought was amazing. My dad lost his parents as a child, so I am just meeting some of his family and I would love to do a family tree for my kids because my hubby has lots of interesting relatives!
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
This is the one I spent the most time stuck on. I don’t know that I compare myself to anything really. I am drawn to dragonflies and seahorses. I find it interesting that both are said to be signs of power, which I always need, and good luck, which I could always use! Also, I think they are both beautiful creatures in an unconventional way, and maybe I think I am too!
Dragonfly symbolism: http://www.dragonfly-site.com/meaning-symbolize.html
Seahorse symbolism: http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-meaning-of-the-seahorse.html
If you like this blog, please give a little click! No form, nothing else to click on, just click once and it will register a vote for Life With Blondie!